Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A day with Lexie my Bestie

I love new your city
The bustling crowds
And peddlers selling their wares
The small cafes and unique boutiques
The unanimous feeling of not having a care
The rush of striding through the streets
And pondering the story behind every person you meet
 Vibrant Colors, strong scents and cultural events
Bright lights illuminate the night
And the sun rays peek through the skyscrapers
As taxis play a game of rush hour
All overlooked by the freedom tower
There is a euphoric feeling we all share
When we are in our native favorite city
Inspired by the old mixed with new
Learning lessons from all, even the ill tempered few
I am so ecstatic I had the opportunity
To show my favorite city to a very dear friend
Someone I haven’t seen in quite some time
Spending a day in the city definitely did our severed ties mend
We had lunch in union square
And walked all along Fifth Avenue to times square
After shopping a bit
And getting lost in Sephora
We went to Rockefeller center
And got lost in the romantic Valentine’s Day aura
We definitely will visit again before they depart
Even though I am currently a country girl
The city will always have my heart






No comments:

Post a Comment